Tuesday 24 February 2009

Kimitaka Matsumae

Mutant Sounds has a lot of good and extremely rare stuff on it, but I think this guy is especially amazing!
He's a Japanese video game music composer and that comes through very heavily in some of the tracks. The four albums in the series "You Are The Fox" all contain loads of quite short tracks which jump around between many ideas,  ranging from cute to insane in quite a hyperactive way.
Most of them are executed electronically, which gives them some coherence, and there is some sort of style that comes through as the tracks race past.

Here's a link to the links provided on Mutant Sounds, although I had trouble downloading CD1, part one, and started with CD 2, part one, but let me know if that's just me.
It's all on Rapidshare though, making it a bit of a pain to download it all. 
So far I've only got the whole of CD2 and CD 1, part two, but already there's loads of stuff that I really like.

1 comment:

Spoke Out of Turn said...

Check out CD 4 of the Matsumae...it's by far the best...the tracks are much longer and some of his best stuff is on there...like Meet the RAM and Yorusiko Thanks...